With four team members to co-ordinate with and a time-consuming appraisal process that is new both to myself and those teachers for whom I will be appraising, it was important that I make effective use of my time. Also, given how busy my team are with their own caseloads, i didn't want to draw people to far away from their area for the sake of a short meeting. How to solve the problem and still cover the required material?
Meeting at the SA base of operation involves a great deal of travel for both parties in each meeting so I decided that this round of meetings would be conducted via Skype and the use of our google drive on our respective laptops.
SK was at her last school and able to use their fast wireless so the picture was crystal clear, as was the sound quality. Our meeting was thorough and very productive, all within a period of time shorter that it would have taken for us to travel to and from a meeting point.
Great use of our time!
