Thursday, 17 April 2014

Whole-Team Appraisal Meeting

I had scheduled several individual meetings to conduct the first official appraisal meetings for Franklin RTDs but it was quickly apparent that all staff were facing the same factors that were causing confusion. As a result we all had a meeting together and shared what we were each doing. It was good to get an idea of where people were at in their plans for the year and I noticed a few staff 'click' on what they were needing to do in order to complete all the required paperwork.

On completion of the meeting, each RTD agreed to make an appointment to share their completed paperwork/goals. It was agreed that Skype meetings at times other that the friday afternoon would be preferable, with one RTD preferring a face-to-face session on a weekday afternoon. 

I have been subtly pushing my e-portfolio concept as a tool for staff to gather and record evidence on all twelve teacher professional criteria as opposed to what has happened in the past; teachers scrambling to find evidence for four areas in one sitting.