What we think best for a student is often not the best choice from the students point of view. As educators, we are used to spotting the pros and cons of a given environment and a decision between three schools could seem to be straightforward.
This student had a choice of three schools, one of which offered what I initially saw to be a huge incentive: a technology advantage of the likes I hadn't seen before in a school. The student recognized this, but felt that the "open planning" that I quite liked was to much of a distraction, and the IT / drama department quality was more important to him than the technology.
It was a fine line to offer only the pros and cons if each school and not skewer it with my own opinions. I a glad the student came to his own decision and surprisingly, after visiting the school today, I think it was the best decision.