I have encouraged one student to make use of his home email account to communicate any questions or requests regarding his school assignments. In the past he had only made use of this a couple of times, and mostly for minor matters that were not directly related to the assignments.
This week I have recieved a few emails relating to a poetry/writing assignment that we had been working on in class. The student is very diligent and works evenings. He had come to a loggerhead when working out the syncopation of several of his verses and was wanting me to confirm his results.
It was a simple matter to check the work and then return some feedback. This student is highly capable and it is often a case of me searching for areas to work on if he hasn't come forward with a topic and requested assistance. I feel that with his acceptance of email communication I am now able to offer a more relevant and accessible form of assistance than I was able to from my weekly visit.
