Wednesday, 3 September 2014

Teacher's Council Workshop Two.

After a thought provoking PLG session last week, we had our follow up workshop. We are now at stage four of the process.
Notes / Reflections
  • What am I doing vs What evidence I should gather.
  • Still need professional choice as to 'how'.
  • Evidence : Neccesary and sufficent
  • RTC 12 requires me to demonstrate that I am engaged in meaningful learning about how to strengthen my teaching.
  • It is not enough to simply state student progress.
  • One needs to collect evidence of... changes in learner outcomes, what I have been learning to do differently, how I have modified my planning and teaching to improve outcomes, my analysis of the changed practice and to what extent it improved outcomes.
  • The evidence collected will need to be 'compelling' to both appraisee and appraiser.
It dawned on me that I will need to modify my blog entries to include the following:
  1. How does this meet the RTCs (I already do this)
  2. Reflection: What does this mean for my next steps / teaching (I do this, but with room for improvement)
  3. Interpretation: What stands out? What does this mean for me and my students?
  4. From everyday practice, what is available as evidence. (This currently takes the form of reflections mostly, but needs to include more 'voices')
An example of 'learner outcomes' might be to look at an IEP goal and the process from assessment/identification, through planning/meeting onto the teaching and achievement of the objective. The IEP can possibly be a great model for the various stages where evidence can be collected.