![]() |
| Click here to listen to the podcast |
I listen to a regular weekly Science podcast and this week episode was about emails and how the modern workforce is inundated with Emails.
Several staff members have commented at times about the incessant emails from myself at times; a factor that is sometimes hard to avoid give the multiple sources of information that come to me.
I decided that I would look at faster methods of communication that didnt require opening tons of emails whilst giving small bits of information out to the team as needed.
I discovered three possible apps...
- Voxer - a voice message system allowing a group to have a staggered conversation. Would require a smart phone or ipad (do-able)
- WhatsAp - similar to voxer but a more basic app that would allow older phones to use it. Not as easy to use as Voxer.
- Google Hangouts - similar to both but allows video calling. Doesn't have an instant voice message facility so may not be what we are looking for.
The investigation and trial continues....
