Tuesday, 21 June 2016

Museum KIT day

Another fantastic day out with deaf students from mainstream schools. Although I was there as a team leader whilst wearing my 'assist role' hat, I had the chance to see members of my team taking a leadership role in organization. The students were clearly familiar with each other having built up lasting friendships from previous KIT days. For our students, these KIT days are one of the most positive experiences we are able to offer in terms of self-identity, forming positive relationships and personal well-being.

I was lucky enough to spot a student whom I had needed to fit an FM system for my ASSIST role so was able to do this 'off the cuff' during the lunch break. He remarked on how much of a difference the new transmitter made whilst in the noisy museum environment. This was the first time a student hd commented on the impact the new DM tech had based on environment.