Friday, 14 March 2014

Mainstream Teacher Course 2014

Another year has passed and despite my nervousness (it never seems to get less so) I can notch up another mainstream teacher course on my belt. Once again the new set of teachers attended, one for the second time in three years, and all seemed thoroughly satisfied with both course material and the manner in which is was presented.

It was fantastic to have everyone from the Franklin teach pitch in this year with some very noteworthy presentations sessions from Teena, Nick and Shona.


It was great to be able to take a step back this year from the situation in 2013 where I was presenting the majority of the day. I compare this to the old adage "Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach him to fish and he eats his whole life".

Hopefully in 2015 the team will be able to take on even more presenting responsibility as I believe we learn most as RTDs through explaining and presenting the information than we use innately each day in our roles.